Welcome to the first Hodge Podge of 2013. It does not seem possible that today is the second of January yet here we are. On to the questions provided by the fabulous Joyce who blogs at
From This Side of the Pond. If you have not checked out her blog yet, go do it!
1. How did you ring in the new year?
We rang in the New Year by playing laser tag, mini golf and having lunch with friends. Later on we went over to their house and met up with some other friends where we ate, played board games and laughed and laughed while all the kids played. It was fun and nice to not be in giant crowds.
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
I look forward to many things in this next year but one of the things I am anticipating most is all the visits from friends & family planned for this spring/summer.
3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, 'All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives.' What say you?
I would say he is right... atleast partially. I think essentially we are the same but we do change and grow. I am much more mellow then I was 10 years ago, more confident and more patient.
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?
I have always been a fan of emerald green and I do have a few shirts and sweaters in that color. I had just tried to purchase a new coat from Old Navy in that color but they were sold out in my size :(
5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?
I am a fan of every gemstone but my heart belongs to diamonds.
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.
I am not great at narrowing down a favorite but the two that popped into my head when I read this was Pitch Perfect and Dark Shadows. I love the cheesy off beat humor of Dark Shadows and Pitch Perfect is just fun & has some great lines. Rebel Wilson I think is the name of the girl who plays Fat Amy and she is hilarious!
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
To relax and not be so hard on myself.... it will all be fine.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
May 2013 bring you loads of joy and laughter. May you find peace no matter the circumstances you find yourself in... may you grow closer to your family, your friends and God. May you be healthy & strive to be healthy so you can enjoy time to the fullest.